Monday, April 19, 2010

Kudzu Valley

Behind my apartment there is a huge area called "Kudzu Valley." This valley is full of not only kudzu, but a old train track and some very interesting creatures. The nice warm spring weather has brought out many strange creatures that I never would have guessed would inhabit such an area. For example, the other day I was walking up the stairs to my apt when I looked across the way and saw these ROUS (rodents of unusual size) just frolicking out in the kudzu, it was almost like they were playing tag and were so excited to be out of their hole! Anyway I did some research and found out they are groundhogs but somewhat different than the groundhog that represents Groundhog Day. They are these huge balls of brown fur with no tails. Honestly I am just hoping that they stay over in the valley during the summer because who knows what kind of other creatures will come out during the hot summer months! Not really looking forward to that day.
Also at night it is really creepy and scary to look down in that deep dark abyss and know that there are creatures lurking about. Tonight, Brooke and I were chatting outside and notice several pairs of eyes across the way. So of course I yelled to the creatures that they need to stay over there and not to venture out of the valley. Needless to say I am not a huge fan of Kudzu Valley just for the simple fact of the strange creatures that inhabit that area. So instead of having a normal backyard, I have Kudzu Valley! :) Stay tuned for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment